Personal data, or personal information as it is sometimes called, is data that relates to or is capable of identifying a living person. Account Holder privacy is very important to us and we do all we can to protect it.
The information we collect
Personal data: When you first sign-up for the Quidco Service, we ask for your name and email address and other personal information including details of your choice of Cashback Receipt Method, whether PayPal, a credit card or bank account. In addition we usually also capture your IP address to understand user location. Other personal information about you is then optional to provide.
Sensitive personal data: In some instances, we may also ask you for sensitive personal information, for instance when obtaining and comparing insurance quotations from a retailer. This personal data may include information on your racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health or condition, allegations of criminality, criminal convictions, or sentences for convictions. It will be provided only with your explicit consent, including as to the retailer(s) with whom it will be shared (such as a provider of insurance quotations). We will retain your personal data for as long as is permitted for legal, regulatory, taxation and fraud prevention purposes.
Cookies: When your web browser accesses a specific web site such as ours, cookies (a type of small text file) may, depending on your browser settings, be automatically stored on your computer's hard drive.
Cookies are placed on the Quidco site both by Quidco and by third parties authorised by Quidco to do so.
Cookies on the Quidco site do the following:
- Tell us the route (such as a web-search or an online advertisement, for example) by which you came to the Quidco site.
- Where you are an Account Holder:
- Track your transactions. When you make a purchase on a retailer's site it's cookies that give us the information to track your transactions with retailers. Specifically it tells us which retailer's site you've clicked through to and when and if you go on to make a transaction. Specifics related to the value of the transaction and cashback earned is sent at a later date by the participating retailer.
- Keep you logged in to your Account for a period of time.
- Allow us to comply with your choices about the display of information in your Account.
- Track your use of blogging functionality available through the Quidco site.
- Remember the options you select (such as favourite merchants).
- Permit integration with social media sites (such as the ability to "like" Quidco on Facebook).
- Provide you with recommended offers, based on your use of Quidco and the transactions you enter into through it.
- Also, if you visit the Quidco site and do not establish an Account, a cookie-like technology allows you to be presented with advertising for Quidco on other sites that you visit - this advertising is intended to prompt you to return to the Quidco site to register as an Account Holder.
We may include cookies on the Quidco site that allow third party advertisers to present you with advertising on the Quidco site based on interests inferred from your web browsing activity and your use of the Quidco Service. To understand more about the cookies placed by third party advertising providers, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We believe that the cookies you encounter on the Quidco site are either (i) necessary to perform the functions that Account Holders wish to use the Quidco Service for, or (ii) are non-intrusive.
To learn how to manage and remove cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
Please note, however, that if you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to use certain aspects of Quidco - and will not be able to earn Cashback.
Your sharing of information with retailers and others
As an Account Holder, you will from time to time make your personal data available to other businesses that work with us, including retailers. This will happen each time you enter into a transaction with a retailer, and will happen in other circumstances (such as when you use a price- or quote-comparison service).
Each retailer or other business to which you provide your personal data will have its own practices concerning users' privacy. Those retailers and businesses are independent of Quidco, so you should check their privacy terms to make sure you are happy with them.
Our sharing of information about you with others
We like to understand our Account Holders interests as well as we can, in order to personalise the offers we make to them through the Quidco Service as much as possible. Therefore, we may provide personal data we hold about you as an Account Holder (such as your name and email address) to one or more third party bureaux which will match that data against other information they hold about you - such as age, gender, demographic information, and known interests - and provide that information to us. We always request these third party bureaux to delete your personal data from their systems as soon as possible, and to keep data relating to you confidential.
We will use the information they provide to us to target more accurately the offers that are made to you through the Quidco Service.
We also put the information we gather about Account Holders together in an aggregated and anonymous manner (so that your identity and personal data are not accessible) and (a) use it for internal management purposes, (b) share it with current or prospective retailers and (c) use it to target offers that are made to Account Holders through the Quidco Service. This type of information includes, for example, usage of an Account Holder's Cashback Receipt Method, such as the types of product that the individual Account Holder purchases and the value of those purchases.
In addition, Quidco will also share data with trusted 3rd parties to enable our instore program to correctly track your Qualifying Transactions and related Referral Fees:
- You may only register a maximum of 15 Identifier Card Numbers per Member's account, however this may include cards belonging to other members of your household/family providing that they have consented to the registration of their Identifier Card Number(s) to assist you to collect Cashback. We may request that you provide written evidence of such consent at any time. If we are not satisfied that all Identifier Card Numbers are included with the holder's consent we reserve the right to de-register any or all Identifier Card Numbers on your account.
- Each Identifier Card Number may only be registered at any one time to one service in the world through which cards are used as identifiers for the purpose of crediting rewards (whether cashback, points or other kinds of rewards) when shopping with designated retailers. In the event of more than one attempted registration of the same Identifier Card Number the last registration will prevail and previous registrations will be automatically de-registered.
Your personal data may be disclosed if we, or an entity processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law, or receive a valid, legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
We're committed to protecting your personal information. All information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers and access to this database is restricted internally. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we use reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Access to your Account is password-protected for your privacy and security. While we do our best to protect your personal information you also must protect yourself. What does this mean?
- Keep your password or other access information secret.
- Ensure no-one else uses Quidco while your machine is "signed in" to the Quidco site.
- Make sure you sign out from your Account when not using it.
- Ensure that only you have access to the details of your Cashback Receipt Method, such as Paypal or a credit card or bank account, which are intended to be kept secret.
Editing your Account and mailing settings
We like to keep in touch with our Account Holders so after you have signed up to Quidco we'll send you information about products or services provided by us or our partners that we think will be of interest to you.
Of course we know lots of emails can be annoying so we try to keep ours to a minimum. However, if you feel you're getting too many or would like more you can change the settings in your Account at any time. We have a one click unsubscribe policy, and each communication gives you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving similar future communications using a link at the bottom of the email. You can also review, change or correct your identity and email address information by signing into your Account and going to the settings tab.
Please note there are some communications that are an integral part of the Quidco Service and cannot be opted-out of. These communications cover, amongst other things, changes to the Quidco Service and your actual or potential transactions with retailers. They can be brought to an end by de-registering your Account.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the personal data we hold about you.
In accordance with that Act, we reserve the right to charge a small fee if you ask us to provide you with this information. If you have questions about the handling or protection of your personal data, a written enquiry should be sent to us using our contact form.
Relationship with the Quidco Account Holder Agreement
Changes to this privacy statement
Maple Syrup Media Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales, under company registration number 05498276 and having its registered address as 4th Floor, 76-80 Great Eastern Street, London, EC2A 3JL. Registered under the Data Protection Act. Registration No. Z9450695
4th Floor, 76-80 Great Eastern Street, London, EC2A 3JL.