What to take on holiday | Your Holiday Checklist
Pack like a pro with our handy holiday checklist!
Have you got some exciting trips planned for this year? Whether you’re soaking up the sun in Morocco, sightseeing in Rome or heading for a weekend of fun at Disney Land Paris, we have the ultimate holiday checklist so you don’t forget anything!
And if you still need to buy some last minute bits we’ve got you covered on that too – shop for items through Quidco and you can earn cashback on all of your holiday shopping.
Before you start packing, make sure you have a suitable suitcase. If yours is on its last legs, why not treat yourself to an upgrade? Shop for suitcases and hand luggage at Travel Luggage & Cabin Bags and earn some cashback when you shop through Quidco.
Now that we’ve ticked off the suitcase, let’s take a look at what goes inside it. You might not need every single item on this checklist, but sometimes it’s better to be safe than sorry!
Your Holiday Checklist
Don’t get caught short on your holiday. Plan well ahead using our handy holiday checklist and you’ll have a stress free, relaxing holiday.
Packing list for hand luggage
- Passport – One of the most important items you need to remember when you’re going abroad! We’d recommend taking a photocopy of your passport and keeping it safe, so that you can access it just in case the worst happens and you lose it on your trip.
- Visa – If the country you’re travelling to requires a visa, make sure you remember to bring it with you along with your passport.
- Plane tickets – Have you got your tickets to fly? If you’ve got them saved on your mobile phone, make sure that you have enough battery!
- Hotel confirmation – Print off your confirmation of your hotel stay or have it saved on your phone. If you’re still looking for a hotel then check out some of the unbeatable travel offers (all available with cashback!)
- Travel insurance confirmation – If you’re still searching for travel insurance then why not check out Quidco Compare to find a good deal and earn cashback! You can save time and money by comparing quotes in just a few minutes.
Your in-flight entertainment
- Camera – Don’t forget your camera so you can take some memorable photos of your holiday. It’s also a good idea to take a spare memory card with you, so if you get really snap happy, you won’t run of out space. If you’re really into photography, why not invest in a quality DSLR to take some stunning shots, or if you’re more of a camera novice, why not go for a less complicated point and shoot camera? You can find great cashback deals on cameras and equipment from Canon, Viking and Currys PC World.
- Headphones – There’s nothing worse than forgetting your headphones – especially on a flight! We’ve all had that heart-sinking moment but here’s our handy little reminder for you to pack your headphones. If you want to upgrade your current ones then check out some of the cashback deals from some of these brands. You can pick up some quality headphones from the likes of AO.com, Samsung, Bose and Logitech, and earn some cashback at the same time.
- Book/Magazine/Kindle – Take some reading entertainment for your flight and for the beach. There’s nothing better than getting lost in a great book on your hols. If you’re going for a longer holiday, it might be better to take a Kindle with you instead of several books in the interest of saving space in your suitcase. For shorter trips, pick up a book or magazine so you can get lost in a story on the flight. Find amazing cashback offers on books & magazines from the Book People, WHSmith, The Works and The Book Depository. If you’re thinking of getting a Kindle, why not take advantage of cashback and buy through Quidco? You can buy online from John Lewis, Argos and Tesco Direct.
- Lightweight jumper/scarf – Planes can be notoriously cold sometimes so it’s worth remembering to take a light jumper or a scarf (that can also double as a blanket!) with you on the flight. Shop for a super soft cosy jumper or scarf at Marks and Spencer, Gap, Fat Face and The White Company.
- Travel Pillow – If you like to snooze on planes then remember to take a travel pillow. You’ll avoid any neck pains from uncomfortable sleeping positions! You can pick up travel pillows from Boots, Debenhams and Clas Ohlson.
- Sleep Mask – Keep your peepers hidden with a great eye mask to get a good sleep on your flight. You’ll wake up in your destination feeling fresh and ready to hit the beach. Shop for a good sleeping mask from Cult Beauty and Notonthehighstreet, and you’ll earn cashback at the same time.
- Tissues/Wet Wipes – Well, you just never know when one of these will come in handy!
Packing list for hold luggage
- Flat shoes/trainers – Keep your feet comfortable and take a pair of trainers or shoes that are good for walking around in when you are sightseeing or exploring the city by foot. You can find some sturdy but trendy shoes from the likes of Nike, Office, Schuh, and JD Sports.
- Clothes – Think shorts, t-shirts, vests and dresses, this is really down to your taste and where you are heading! If you want to upgrade your summer holiday wardrobe, check out some of the cashback offers from great brands such as Topshop, River Island, All Saints, Burton and Asos (plus many, many more!)
- Underwear – Pack enough (and extra!) for the number of days you are there. No one wants to be caught short!
- Swimwear/Beachwear – If you’re hitting the waves this vacation, or if you have access to a pool in your hotel then you’ll want to take some swimwear with you. You also need to take with you a beach towel, flip-flops and a beach bag. You can find tons of beachwear from Surfdome, Very and Monsoon and earn cashback on all of your purchases.
- Heels/wedges – If you want to feel a bit more glam in the evening, take a pair of heels or wedges with you. Whether it’s dinner or drinks, you can take an outfit from day to night easily with a pair of shoes. Shop for beautiful summer heels and wedges from Pretty Little Thing, Missguided, New Look and Boohoo and you can earn cashback when you shop through Quidco.
- Sunglasses – No holiday outfit is complete without a pair of sunnies. Check out some of the fantastic cashback offers you can earn on your new pair of shades. Shop from retailers such as The Hut, Sunglasses Shop and Sunglass Hut.