Nutella Stuffed Pancakes: The Recipe
The only recipe you need this Pancake Day!
Breaking news: your favourite cashback website (that is us, got it?) is giving away jars of Nutella…completely free!
You don’t need us to tell you that the hazlenut chocolate spread – available from Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Morrisons, Asda and Waitrose – is pretty much great with everything. But, it is *especially* great with pancakes, no matter if you have ’em for breakfast or as a substitute for dinner. Or, indeed, for all three meals of the day.
But just how do you take your Pancake Day game from ‘average’ to ‘OH MY GOD, THESE ARE DELICIOUS!’. Well, courtesy of Tip Hero, this delicious and simple recipe will stand you in very good stead. The trick? Stuff the Nutella inside the pancake, making everything look rather professional and tidy in the process. We’ll be honest: it’s a far cry from our own personal efforts.
Claiming your free jar of Nutella is remarkably simple. All you need to do is to download the ClickSnap app. Once you’ve done that, pick up a 200g jar of the good stuff from any of the previously mentioned retailers. Keep your receipt, upload it to the app and voila…you’ve claimed back the full cost of the item! Full details can be found here.
Watch the below video for a step-by-step run through. The recipe itself can be found a little further down the page.
Serves: 7 to 8 (or more likely two if you’re feeling especially hungry. Which you probably will be after watching the above video.)
Total prep + cooking time: 30 minutes
10 to 14 tablespoons of FREE Nutella
One-and-a-half cups of all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
2. Spoon one-and-a-half tablespoons of Nutella onto the prepared pan. Spread it out into a round disc about two-and-a-half inches in diameter.
3. Repeat, making 7 to 8 Nutella discs. Place the pan in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the Nutella discs are firm and hold their shape.
4. Preheat a large skillet or griddle to medium-low heat.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the egg, vanilla extract and milk.
6. Mix the pancake batter until fully blended.
7. Spray the preheated griddle with pan spray, and wipe away excess.
8. Pour ¼ cup of the pancake batter on the prepared griddle. Place 1 frozen Nutella® disc into the center of the batter.
9. Top the Nutella disc with enough batter to cover completely. When the batter begins to bubble the pancake is ready to be flipped.
1o. Flip and cook the pancake for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until the other side is golden brown.
11. Keep the completed pancakes warm while preparing the remaining pancakes. Serve warm.
12. Eat every single pancake that you make.
Recipe via Tip Hero: http://tiphero.com/nutella-stuffed-pancakes/