HSBC Student Bank Account Cashback & Offers
Online cashback rates
for a genuine new customer account
More about HSBC Student Bank Account
Here's what you'll get with your Student Bank Account:
An interest-free arranged overdraft
Get a guaranteed interest-free limit of up to £1,000 when you apply for a Student Account, regardless of what year you're in, which could rise to £3,000 by year 3.
0% EAR (variable), representative 0% APR (variable). Based on an arranged overdraft of £1,000.
How does our overdraft compare?
The representative APR shows the cost of borrowing over a year, so you can use it to compare the cost of our overdraft against other overdrafts and ways of borrowing.
Easy online and mobile banking
We have a range of tools to help you manage your money on your mobile. You can also bank online, by phone or in a branch.
Access our 5.00% AER / gross Regular Saver
Start saving from just £25 a month with our Regular Saver. Save between £25 and £250 a month for a fixed 12-month term. Withdrawal restrictions apply.
Our banking app puts students in control
Our app makes staying on top of your finances a breeze. Convenient, secure and in your pocket.
Check your balance, make payments and chat to us if you need support
Manage your arranged overdraft and regular payments like standing orders, Direct Debits and subscriptions
Pay on the go quickly and securely with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
Stay in the know and in control
- Keep an eye on your spending and make budgeting easier with our smart money tools.
- Get instant notifications when money goes in or out of your account
- See your spending broken down into categories and set targets to help control it with spending insights and monthly budgets
- See how much you could have left after bills and regular payments with Balance After Bills
- View your card PIN, temporarily freeze and unfreeze your card, or quickly report it lost or stolen, all via the app
- Get a bit more from your money
- When you have a student account with HSBC, we'll help you save money in more ways than one.
- Get discounts with our home&Away offers programme
- Enjoy access to our full range of savings accounts (including some only available to HSBC current account customers)