Very poor service, misleading advertising and do not supply advertised gift: delivered late
Here is the text of my last substantive email to the company. I have had no reply:
To: Sales - Luggagesuperstore Sent: Friday, 6 May 2016, 13:00
Subject: Re: Your order at Luggage Superstore
The case was not delivered in the estimated delivery period. This is the sequence:
• I was told on 3rd May by text that it would be delivered on 4th May so I changed all my appointments and waited in all day but it didn't turn up
• I emailed you and said the consignment had mysteriously gone missing and you said you sent another case for delivery on 6 May
• On 5th May I got a text to say it was coming on 6th May
• I asked if it could be delivered on the morning of 6th May and you said you would try and then said you had requested it to arrive before noon
• On 6th May the delivery tracking system showed the consignment had not arrived in their possession so I emailed you
• You said it was your mistake in that you had had ticked the wrong box to request delivery on Saturday 7th before noon but would try to resolve the matter
• I then got a text at 0858 to say that the delivery would happen between 1008 and 1108
• I then got a text at 0939 to say that the delivery company had not received the parcel from you so the delivery would not happen today - I emailed you
• At shortly after 1000 on 6th May the luggage arrived
I opened it and found the dimensions are considerably less than that advertised (even allowing for very large wheels within the overall dimension: which is not made clear on your website). The dimensions are 4 x 1 x 7 cm smaller than advertised. This is misleading.
You have now offered to have the case collected. My problem is, however, that I need the case next week and I will not have time to get an alternative if I send it back. My only alternative now is to use two suitcases. This is not ideal and defeats the objective of buying one large suitcase that is also manoeuvrable. Had the dimensions been accurately displayed I would have bought a larger suitcase.
Your website also advertised that a free set of luggage scales would be included with the suitcase. These were not in the box when I opened it.
I feel there is a strong case for you to compensate me for this inconvenience.
The issues are:
1) The suitcase is much smaller than advertised
2) Your company did not make it clear that the 9cm high wheels were included in the size calculation (making the case even smaller in actual usable dimensions)
3) The free gift was not sent with the consignment
4) The delivery arrangements were abysmal and lost me two days work
5) The company is now ignoring me and my complaints.