Quidco uses cookies and similar technologies to enhance your experience, improve performance, provide advertising relevant to you and track sales to give you cashback. You can manage this via your browser settings at any time. Please note, if you set your browser to reject cookies you will not be able to earn cashback with Quidco. To learn more about how we use the cookies, please see our Cookie Policy.
Search results for

Sorry, we can't find anything to match that


Compare today and earn up to £43 cashback on your next van insurance policy

Offering quotes from these trusted providers and many more

Hastings Direct

What you'll need

    To ensure the quote process runs as smoothly as possible, please have the following to hand:

  • Your driving licence
  • Your van's registration number, or failing that, your van's make, model and engine size will suffice.
  • Your van's current mileage and expected annual mileage.
  • Details of where you park your van and what it's used for.

Switching your insurance with Quidco Compare couldn't be more simple.

Just enter the relevant details and we'll present you with a range of great deals from a great range of insurance providers.

Need to know

  • No, it’s a legal requirement to have at least third party van insurance cover to drive in the UK.

  • There are a few easy steps you can follow. Fitting an alarm or immobiliser and parking your van in a garage (if possible) will help secure a better deal. Likewise limiting the number of people who drive your vehicle and curbing its annual mileage will also help. Finally, opting to pay a higher excess (the amount you pay towards any claim) is also looked upon favourably by insurers.

  • UK van insurance comes in three main categories:

    • Third party: This is the minimum legal requirement for van insurance. It's a basic form of insurance that covers the costs of any damage incurred while driving. For example, if a driver is in an accident with another vehicle, the at-fault driver is liable for damage to the other person's vehicle, and for any medical expenses they incur as a result of the accident. Note, however, that the insurance does not cover the costs of damage to the vehicle belonging to the driver who is deemed at fault.
    • Third party, fire, and theft: This is similar to third party insurance, but also covers the cost of replacing a van if it's stolen or damaged in a fire.
    • Comprehensive cover: Provides everything as above, but also covers costs for repairing the vehicle belonging to an at-fault driver.

  • If you use your van for purely social reasons, you might want to take out private van insurance. If your van is used to carry out a trade or profession, including making deliveries or commuting to a place of work, you’ll need commercial (also known as ‘business’) insurance.

    • Carriage of own goods
The van in question is typically used for carrying tools or other items belonging to the policyholder for commercial use or for carriage to a customer. The van may also be used for personal use outside of work hours.
    • Haulage
The van in question carries goods or materials that someone is paying to have delivered. A comparison on quotes could be useful here as it is likely to be the most expensive in terms of insurance premiums.
    • Personal, domestic, pleasure 
The van in question isn’t used for commercial purposes. Please be aware, that when selecting this option the policyholder may want to carefully question if this will be the only use of the vehicle. Whilst it could be the cheaper option it could also limit the activities the van could be used for.

    • Courier van insurance
Anyone delivering goods or parcels to various destinations might choose courier van insurance. This could mean that the vehicle and any goods are covered in the event of accident, theft or damage. Checking the particulars with an insurance specialist could be the best way to ensure a good deal on UK van insurance.
    • Temporary van insurance 
A person wishing to use a van on a temporary basis in the UK might select this type of cover as it is likely to give appropriate insurance for a specified length of time. This could give greater flexibility than an annual policy for businesses or individuals that only need to use a van for part of the year.
    • Business and commercial van insurance 
Anyone driving a van, minibus, commercial vehicle or truck is likely to need business cover in place to protect them in case of an accident. Working closely with an insurance specialist could be key to getting cheap van insurance. Businesses looking to cover a van for commercial use might want to consider factors like mileage and the specifics of any drivers involved in order to keep premiums to a minimum.

  • An excess is the amount you must pay in the event of any claim, regardless of who is to blame for an incident. It varies depending on the car that is covered, the age and experience of the drivers on your policy.

  • For every year of claim free driving, each policyholder will earn a discount towards the cost of their renewal (to a maximum of 9 years).

  • No, your existing provider will likely be more expensive so its best to shop around to find a new deal rather than renewing.

  • Most van insurance policies last one year, but you can cancel your cover for a fee.

Useful information

Please note: by clicking the "Get a quote" button, you consent to your details being used by the comparison partner and insurance quote providers. Don't worry they won't call or email though. Full details are in our privacy policy. Quidco is a trading style of Maple Syrup Media Ltd and you can see the details of our service in relation to insurance here

When using the Quidco Compare service, you must take reasonable care to answer insurers questions fully and accurately and if you volunteer other information, you must take reasonable care to ensure that the information is not misleading. If any information that you have provided changes before you take out your insurance, during the life of the policy or at renewal you must inform the insurer or broker of the change. If you deliberately or carelessly misrepresent any information in relation to this insurance, then your policy may not pay all, or part, of a claim and could in certain circumstances be avoided altogether.

Quidco is a trading style of Maple Syrup Media Ltd, who are an Introducer Appointed Representative of Seopa Ltd, trading as Quotezone, who are authorised and regulated by the FCA, number 313860. Quotezone run and operate the insurance comparison service. By using this system you are agreeing to our terms and conditions & privacy policy.