Swinnerton Cycle Cashback & Offers
More about Swinnerton Cycle
Swinnerton Cycles was founded by Roy’s mother and father in 1915, living above the shop; 69 Victoria Road. Remarkably, it remains at the same address today, more than 95 years on. Roy’s mother and father retired in 1954 when Roy and Doris decided to take the shop on, knowing as they did that the motor car was likely to grow in popularity. Buying the stock for £100, they moved in above the shop in 1958, which became the family home as well as their place of work. Roy worked part time at the shop in those days, with Doris taking up the mantel working full time until Roy gave up his full time job as general manager from a local engineering company in 1970. They acquired numbers 71, 67 and finally 73 Victoria Road which is what we all know as Swinnerton Cycles. After 36 years working together, 7 children, 22 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren, they retired and passed the baton on to the next generation.