At Quidco we're always looking for ways to improve usability of our site for our customers, including those with disabilities.In addition to adhering to common web conventions we have implemented several features to aid accessibility and usability.
Our efforts include
- Maintaining a standard layout and navigation structure throughout.
- Using headings, paragraphs, lists and other HTML (HyperText Markup Language) to create a logical document structure.
- Ensuring the site is compatible with all modern browsers.
- Allowing visitors to resize all text using their browser settings.
- Using plain backgrounds to improve the readability of all text.
- Using alt attributes and/or titles on all images where appropriate, and ensuring that all alt and title attributes are meaningful.
- Ensuring all hyperlinks use descriptive and meaningful text.
- Avoiding, where possible, short-hand language such as 'Click here'.
- Using plain English.
- Using a written style that is straightforward and understandable
To increase the text size
On a PC you have to check which browser you are using:
Internet Explorer: go to the View menu and select Text Size
Mozilla Firefox: go to the View menu and select Text Size
Safari: go to the View menu and select Make Text Bigger or press Ctrl and the plus key (Ctrl +)
Opera: go to the File menu, select Preferences then Fonts and then change Minimum font size (pixels)
On a Mac you can easily increase the font on any browser pressing the command key and the plus key (cmd +)
If you are having problems accessing any part of our site, or if you have feedback on how you think we can improve our usability, we want to hear from you.