Saga offers three Comprehensive levels of car insurance for the over 50s, all rated 5 Star by Defaqto. Even our lowest price option has plenty to offer.
- Saga Standard is our straightforward Comprehensive cover that includes:
Uninsured driver promise – if your car’s hit by an uninsured driver, as long as it isn’t your fault and you have their car reg and the accident details, we’ll refund any excess you’ve paid. And it won’t affect your No Claim Discount.
- Cover for trips abroad – EU cover for up to 90 days in any policy year with the same level of cover as you have in the UK.
Saga Select is Comprehensive cover with some great features, such as:
- Protected No Claim Discount (PNCD) – if you have four or more years' NCD, we'll protect it against two fault claims in a three-year period.
- Vandalism promise – you won't lose your NCD if you make a valid claim for damage caused by vandals.
- Misfuelling – any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly as a result of accidentally filling your vehicle with the incorrect type of fuel.
Saga Plus includes plenty of additional features as standard:
- Comes with 3-year fixed price cover – your car insurance premium stays the same if nothing changes, as we fix the price for your next two renewals (T&Cs apply). And the only thing that's fixed is your price, you're free to cancel at any time with no fees to pay.
- Claims promise – your NCD while you stay with Saga will not be affected by claims caused by theft, fire, storm, flood, animal damage or if your vehicle is hit while parked.
- Onward taxi travel – if you have an accident in the UK and your car's too damaged to drive, we'll arrange a taxi to take you anywhere in the country — with as many stops as you need.
Saga’s car insurance policies are underwritten by several different insurers. Saga handpick these companies very carefully, and make sure they have the same high standards of quality and service as they do.