If you’re over 50, you can enjoy the extra peace of mind that comes with Saga’s Defaqto 5 Star rated travel insurance. Our single and multi-trip travel policies provide high levels of cover including up to £10 million to get you treated and bring you home in a medical emergency.
Buy Saga Travel Insurance as soon as you book a trip and you can be confident you’re well protected. Our policies include:
- Coronavirus cancellation or abandonment cover up to £10,000 if you receive a positive test result for Covid-19 within 14 days of your trip’s departure date
- Emergency Medical and Associated Expenses cover up to £10 million - Along with covering the costs of medical treatment, you will also have cover for the treatment for coronavirus, the costs of returning you back home if it is medically necessary, as well as paying for the travel and accommodation costs of one friend or relative to stay with you if your treating doctor and our medical team deem it necessary.
- If you need any travel advice or guidance, you will have a travel expert on hand 24/7 to answer your questions on matters such as: visa and entry permits you may need, vaccination requirements, currencies to take with you and much more.
- Saga GP Service - Saga Travel Insurance now gives you 24/7 unlimited use of the Saga GP Service. This means that for any non-urgent health concerns you can have phone or video consultations with a UK-based GP quickly from anywhere in the world.
- No upper age limit and cover for most pre-existing conditions
- Option to protect up to 9 family members and friends of any age on your policy.
If you travel to a country where the FCDO has advised against all but essential travel, you'll have no cover in place for any policy section if the reason for your claim is related to why the FCDO advice is in place. Subject to there being no other Government restrictions in place prohibiting travel.
Saga Travel Insurance is underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Limited (AIL) and administered by Collinson Insurance Services Limited.