What does Swinton Travel Insurance cover?
• Cancellation — We provide holiday cancellation insurance as a result of an illness, incident, or event covered by your policy. You will be able to claim for the amount shown on your insurance certificate.
• COVID cancellation & curtailment — If you have to cancel, cut your trip short, or need medical attention related to COVID-19 during your holiday, we will cover the cost up to a certain amount.
• Baggage, personal effects & money — If your baggage is accidentally lost, damaged, or stolen whilst on your trip we pay you up to the amount shown on your insurance certificate. Personal money is also covered up to £250.
• Delays — We can provide financial cover should you experience delays whilst on your trip. This includes missed departure, travel delay, and travel disruption.
• Medical expenses — If you require unforeseen medical treatment while you are on holiday, you will be able to claim up to the amount shown on your insurance certificate.
• Delays caused by a medical incident — If you need to stay beyond your scheduled return due to an unforeseen medical incident, we can cover the cost of the required travel arrangements.
• Repatriation — We can cover the cost of your repatriation if deemed medically necessary.
• Personal liability — Should you be at fault in an incident, for example, if you cause damage to property or injure someone, you will be covered for up to £2 million pounds in legal fees.
• Theft — If your baggage, valuables, personal money and important documents, or cash are stolen, for example, you will be covered for the amount detailed on your insurance certificate.
• Gadgets — The sum of money you wish to cover your personal belongings for can be chosen to suit you. Should your gadgets be lost, damaged, or stolen, the amount you can claim will be shown on your insurance certificate.
• Passports — If your passport is lost, damaged, or stolen, you will be covered for up to £250.
Sports and activities covered with Swinton Travel Insurance
We offer cover for a wide range of sports and activities, which are included as standard within your policy at no additional cost.
The following sports are just a few that provide cover for:
Cover for selected water sports like scuba diving, subject to depth restrictions, and surfing is included as standard with Swinton Travel Insurance.
By purchasing additional cover for winter sports, you’ll be able to receive financial protection for claims relating to winter sports, like skiing and snow carting.
Travel insurance for cycling activities is included as standard with a single or multi-trip policy.
For a Full list of sports, and those which we can provide further cover for at a charge, please see our policy wording found on our website.